If you require it, we will provide you with Roadside Assistance Australia wide. Your membership is valid for the vehicle which you nominate to us only. Service and benefits become effective two working days after receipt of payment.
Membership fees are non-refundable, and your membership is non-transferable. We reserve the right to withdraw or withhold services in the event a member is violent, abusive, or attempting to receive service by deception.
If you change your vehicle registration number or home address you must advise us within 7days.
When requesting Roadside Assistance you must provide the correct vehicle details and the exact location of the vehicle. All services will be at your expense if we are not able to confirm your membership or locate your vehicle based on the information you provide to us.
Roadside Assistance is only available on any sealed or designated roads, accessible by standard 2-wheel drive recovery vehicles, that the service provider deems to be safe.
Roadside Assistance is only provided where the weight of the vehicle is less than 3.0 Tonnes GVM and the length of the vehicle is less than 5.5 metres.
Towing will be provided using the most appropriate equipment available (such as lift-tow or flat-top truck) as determined by us. Should Specialised Towing Equipment or Personnel be required (such as power winches, extended cables or hydraulic vehicle moving jack dolly’s etc) this service will be at the driver/member’s expense – payable at time of service.
If you are located in a some regional or remote locations and require assistance, you may be charged an additional call out fee.
You must remain with your vehicle after requesting service. If you are not in attendance with your vehicle at the time when the service provider arrives the service cannot be supplied and one call-out will be deducted from the member’s’ call-outs. Further call-outs related to the same breakdown will be considered a separate call-out.
Roadside Assistance is provided in the event of an unexpected mechanical breakdown. It does not cover vehicle maintenance or permanent repairs. Temporary repairs may be made at the request of the member/driver to mobilise the vehicle (where able). However, regular maintenance or any mechanical repairs, major or otherwise, is the member’s responsibility and will be at the member’s expense.
Exclusions and Limitations
The provision of benefits and services under Roadside Assistance is subject to the following exclusions:
- Vehicles over 15 years of age
- Your vehicle being left unattended
- Your vehicle being unregistered
- Your vehicle is involved or connected to any form of motor sports
- Any caravan or trailer that is towed by your vehicle
- Your vehicle operating as taxi, rental vehicle, limousine, or hire vehicle
- Service calls for your vehicle due to vehicle abuse or neglect (as reasonably determined by us)
- Service calls for your vehicle due to failure to use reasonable care with your vehicle or failure to conduct regular preventative vehicle maintenance or provision of inappropriate repair or maintenance to your vehicle
- Repeated service calls for your vehicle due to owner/driver faults, or failure by you to comply with our instructions
- Service calls for your vehicle due to accident damage
- Service calls due to break-in (or attempted break-in) of your vehicle
- Service calls due to fitting of non-genuine accessories or inappropriate or incorrect fitment of parts or accessories
- Your vehicle being located in a remote location (this is deemed as being a location not trafficable by a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle) or your vehicle is located in a Restricted Access Area or not within a Service Area
- Your vehicle being immobilised due to inappropriate maintenance, repair or use, caused intentionally or by negligence on the part of the owner, the driver or any other third party
- Bogged vehicles. Except where access is available and is trafficable by a two wheel drive recovery vehicle and no other specialist equipment is necessary. Should specialist equipment become necessary, additional costs are the driver’s responsibility. Drivers will be advised of this condition prior to attendance by our Service
- Provider and service is at our discretion